You know marketing is a science, right?
That means there’s a right and a wrong way to do it.
Funny thing is, from the outside, not many people realize it.
People believe so many marketing myths that I don’t have time to bust ’em all in one email. People think that…
- Marketing is about deception. As if consumers are stupid and can’t test your claims for themselves.
- It’s for people who are naturally creative and funny people. Ironically, their self-confidence and unwillingness to follow time-tested principles makes them some of the least effective marketers…
- You’ve gotta become someone you’re not. That’s not sustainable in the long term, and the in-authenticity doesn’t even work in the short term.
Some of the half-truths are even harder to bust.
- Marketing is not about primarily about confidence. It’s about humility.
- It’s not primarily about hard work. We’ve seen so many hard workers burn out because of frustration. You can try all day, but it’s hard to make roosters lay eggs and get bulls to make milk.
- Marketing is about doing what it takes, and we teach what it takes.
If you’re some free-wheeling jock (or nerd!) with a business plan and an idea for a funny commercial, this might not be the opportunity for you.
If you’re want to make money the scientific way, then click here.